Saturday, February 5, 2011

Phil 2.13

My devotion took me to Philippians 2 this morning and several things stuck out this morning, Philippians 2:13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. NLT
This may sound weird, but last week the Lord showed me that I need to love my self, be okay with who I am and how he made me. Part of that is I have always not liked pictures of myself all the way back to my childhood. Yesterday I started a business Facebook page, I felt I needed to post a picture of myself (which I never had done before) on my profile. That was a big step in seeing me the way other people see me. Seeing myself the way God sees me and being okay with that.

So here are my questions for you, are you allowing God to work in you so you can do what pleases Him? Or are you doing it your way and feeling frustrated, are you okay with who you are? Did you say YES! This morning. I leave you with this prayer to pray over yourself from the book Blessing Your Spirit

You were designed by your Father to face problems and solve them, not just to escape them. The problems God has designed for you to solve will bring the greatest treasures in your life. I will be remembered for the problems I solved not the problems I created. I bless you with wisdom and pure joy when you face different kinds of problems. Whatever problem you face, I bless you with rejoicing in the situation, instead of complaining and turning back. I bless you with the faith to look at the problems through your Fathers eyes and realize that every problem that comes your way, brings you an opportunity to experience His faithfulness. I bless you with the joy of discovering the wisdom of God and the mind of Christ to solve your problems. I bless you in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment