Saturday, January 8, 2011

Proverbs 18.13

Proverbs 18:13
He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.NKJV

Proverbs 18:13
Answering before listening is both stupid and rude. The Message
When I read this , I had to set and just wonder how many times (I don't do this all of the time) I have answered someone or told them what I thought … basically interrupting them…. Before they were through. It saddens me to think that I believe that my voice is more important than theirs. When I cut someone off in the middle of the conversation I feel I have already passed judgment on them because what I have to say is based on what I perceived that they are saying, but if I don't let them finish how will I know? I know there is a level of discernment but you still need to let them finish. If I have passed judgment then how can I love this person?


 

I want to become a model for people to follow not an expert who thinks he can fix people. That is not my job ………. To fix people. I have enough of Kevin to get fixed to last me a long time. Trying to fix someone else takes away time and energy that I could spend on hearing Holy Spirit for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment