Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mark 10.21

I had someone tell me the other day "you need to be careful and don't make his problem your problem" the rich young ruler asked Jesus "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" Mark 10:21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."NASB95. Here is the part that gets me, the ruler asked and Jesus told him what to do. So what did the ruler do? He walked away sad, because he had much property. So what did Jesus do? It is not what did Jesus do, it is what he didn't do. He didn't do anything. He didn't run after the ruler and say HEY! Didn't you hear what I said? I said you needed to sell all of your stuff and follow me. He didn't call him up 3 days later and ask him again if he sold his stuff. He didn't call him up 3 weeks later and ask him if he sold his stuff. He just ……walked…… away.

Another instance in is where Jesus is talking to Peter. John 21:22-23
Jesus replied, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me." So the rumor spread among the community of believers that this disciple wouldn't die. But that isn't what Jesus said at all. He only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"NLT So many times we want what is the best for other people and Jesus says "What is that to You?" Jesus knows what is best and sometimes we just have to get out of his way and let him deal with someone the way he sees fit not the way we see it. Jesus wants us to follow Him and He will work out the details.

Kevin


 

No comments:

Post a Comment