Friday, November 19, 2010

Grace pt. 2

So here is the follow up to grace, I failed miserably. No sooner had I wrote my post did I get put to the test that night. Bekah had auditioned for Sing Song at Abilene Christian University as a freshman and she made it. Freshmen don't make, but she did. My precious daughter Bekah texted us at 11.00 with the awesome news, but I could not see the forest for the trees. I was dead asleep, but she did not know. I was not happy, because I knew I would not be able to go back to sleep. (it took me almost two hours to go back to sleep.)
James
1:19 Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.NLT
I did not listen, I was quick to speak and quick to become angry. In other words there was no grace at all from me and I was judgmental. I would hate to think that the Shepherd who had one sheep wander off kept quiet when he found the lost sheep. If it was at night I am sure he would have gone to wake up people to let them know the good news. If you don't every fail at the test, how do you expect to get better. I had someone tell me today that when you get a revelation from the Lord about something that you should be prepared that you are going to get tested about it. That seems to be the norm lately. Romans 12:3
For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.NASB95

It has been a hard two days, but we are better now. I apologized and Rebekah and I had good conversation today. I thank those men who spoke into me the last two days. It was well received and correct …….Kevin


 

No comments:

Post a Comment