Saturday, October 9, 2010

Forgive

Proverbs 24:29
Don't say to anyone, "I'll get back at you for what you did to me. I'll make you pay for what you did!" The Message

Ephesians 4:31-32
Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.The Message

So you have a choice today, You can walk in forgiveness or not. I choose to walk in forgiveness for the man who stole my wife from me 9 years ago. I can choose to get mad at him and he will not even know it, but my life will be measurable. That sounds like fun doesn't it. Matthew 12:31-32
"There's nothing done or said that can't be forgiven. But if you deliberately persist in your slanders against God's Spirit,
(This part right here really made me think)
you are repudiating the very One who forgives. If you reject the Son of Man out of some misunderstanding, the Holy Spirit can forgive you, but when you reject the Holy Spirit, you're sawing off the branch on which you're sitting, severing by your own perversity all connection with the One who forgives. The Message

Matthew 18:21-22
At that point Peter got up the nerve to ask, "Master, how many times do I forgive a brother or sister who hurts me? Seven?" Jesus replied, "Seven! Hardly. Try seventy times seven. The Message
Forgiveness to me is this "Lord when "blank" stands before you on judgment day please forgive him for what He did to me" Then pray a blessing over this person even if he is deceased. Do you think for a moment that there are occasions when I would like to go back in time and get my revenge for what my ex wife's husband did? There have been times, but I immediately take that thought captive to Christ. When the anger and bitterness start to take root you have a choice, You can pull it up right then and stop and take it captive or you can dwell on it which is fertilizing the root. It is your choice.

Who do you need to forgive today? Quit living in the past. There is no future in the past. Be Blessed and Highly favored

Remember, if you have not forgave then you have been turned over to the tormentors. How is that working for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment