Saturday, August 28, 2010

Measured to you

I am still in chapter 11. "How I see it is not how it is; it is just how I see it. " That phrase has been rattling around in my head for some time now. Have you ever caused your own pain? Have you ever been at church and you passed the preacher in the hallway and said hello? He walked right passed you and he did not even acknowledge you? (Actually it could have been anyone) so then you are walking and then you begin to wonder "why" he did not say anything to you. You wonder "if he knew how much I tithed he would have said something or if he cared about the congregation or me he would have said something. As a matter of fact I don't think he even likes me. I am going to quit tithing. I have been going to church here for years. I don't think he has every liked me. All that negative self talk. You are even driving down the road talking to the preacher that hurt you that is NOT EVEN IN THE CAR!!!!!!! Oh my gosh. You have passed judgment on the preacher , attached the "why" and added significance to the other issues that you have conjured up in your judgment. All this comes from attaching the "why". Little did you know that the preacher had just got through dealing with a life or death situation and was just not paying attention to you. So you passed judgment and now you are offended, you have caused yourself all this pain. And on top of all of that now you are going around telling people how the preacher hurt you. So now, based on your Judgment, it is measured back to you as pain and rejection and you're offended

Matthew 7:2
For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment