Wednesday, June 30, 2010

James 5:12

James 5:12 reads "Above all, my brothers, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned."

As I was reading today in my devotion, there were questions asked of me that I could not answer correctly. One of the questions was

You always speak the truth from your Heart?

I have to say no. I lied to my wife last night about what time I got home. The reason I lied was because I was jealous. You see … I am in a blended family. When I got home she was back their visiting her kids. (They are suppose to be our kids, but we still separate them) She wasn't there to greet me when I got home. (Which is something I love and she knows that) I told her I had been home for thirty minutes when In fact I was only home for 20 minutes. She didn't know how long. The Lord has shown me as of late that I have struggled with Jealousy. I wanted to make her feel guilty. (Back on May 18th I wrote in my blog about this same issue if you want to read what I wrote.
http://thevisionseeker.blogspot.com/2010_05_18_archive.html ) so we talked this out last night and it was good and there was some discovery and some healing.

Anyone read James lately? (NLT)
16 For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

So you ask, what is the point to all of this? It was only a little white lie. Well……. What does the Lord call it? Lying! Kevin, you are a liar! It is kinda like telling someone that you shot that 10 point buck from 300 yards standing up when in fact you were sitting down in a blind from 50 yards away. Why do we do that? I know why, but do you?

One more point, I have a guy who works with me off and on. He is Buddhist of all things. I will find myself sometimes blessing the food while he has gone to the bathroom at the restaurant. Sometimes I will bless the food while he is at the table. What is up with that? He is a good man just confused. I am planting seeds and doing a little watering. We will see where it goes.I think that falls under: Keeping your oath even when it hurts

Thanks for reading

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment