Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ephesians 5

Yesterday while watching Robert Morris on the computer I became much convicted. He was talking about Ephesians 5 we all know that one.

22 Wives, submit to your husband's as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,


 

It stirred something in me. Robert asked "what is Holy Spirit saying to you right now?" H. S. said that I am still walking in rebellion. He who knows what to do and does not do it that is sin to him.

So what do we have here really?

Rebellion, jealousy, pride not praying with my wife like I should

Here is the bottom line, Holy Spirit says when you draw near to me I will draw near to you.
What kind of relationship do you expect to have when you are separated from the Lord? You have to stay intimate. How do you expect to be intimate with your wife if are not intimate with the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment