Monday, April 12, 2010

Psalm 35

Psalm 35:22-25 (NIV)
22 Lord, you have seen this. Don't be silent. Lord, don't be far away from me.
23 Wake up! Rise up to help me! My God and Lord, stand up for me.
24 Lord my God, when you hand down your sentence, let it be in my favor. You always do what is right. Don't let my enemies have the joy of seeing me fall.
25 Don't let them think, "That's exactly what we wanted!" Don't let them say, "We have swallowed him up."

Yesterday, I watched the movie Flywheel with my wife for the seventh or eighth time. Those movies always make me tear up. Holy Spirit is always moving. Anyway there is a part in the movie where he chooses not to defend himself. Most people in his situation would have. He chose to be quick to listen and slow to speak and slow to become angry. He walked away and asked the lord in prayer to defend him because he could not. Other witnesses came forward and defended him.

My point is how many times when we are persecuted do we choose to let the Lord defend us? Or do we choose the flesh way out instead to prove we are right? Hmmmm something to think about.


 

Be blessed today and walk it out

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment