Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Phil 4

Yesterday morning was a tough morning, after I got in my truck to go to work. I begin to feel overwhelmed with everything that is going on right now. I have lots of work, several estimates and in the middle of 30 days of prep for the Michigan Quest. While driving I called a couple of men in my life to pray for me ….. nobody answered.

Then it occurred to me …. Maybe I should pray myself! What a concept. I wonder how many times we call people to pray for us or pray for our situation instead of praying ourselves. Is it better that they pray because we think their prayers are better than ours, do we think they do a better job?

So I prayed …. I just didn't throw a prayer up I took authority. I was in tears driving down the road crying out to God. I noticed after about 30 minutes that I had peace about the day, that I was content. Content just like Paul

Philippians 4:7 (AMP)
7 And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:11-12 (AMP)
11 Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.
12 I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want.


Be Blessed and walk it out

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment