Saturday, April 24, 2010

Luke 12

On April 13th I wrote about being an unworthy slave.

9 "He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he?
10 "So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, 'We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.' "

So, today I am reading Luke 11 and move into 12 when I come across this,

Luke 12:35-38 (NASB95)
35 "Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit.
36 "Be like men who are waiting for their master when he returns from the wedding feast, so that they may immediately open the door to him when he comes and knocks.
37 "Blessed are those slaves whom the master will find on the alert when he comes; truly I say to you, that he will gird himself to serve, and have them recline at the table, and will come up and wait on them.
38 "Whether he comes in the second watch, or even in the third, and finds them so, blessed are those slaves.

I need to focus on being the unworthy slave and be ready when he comes.

The other thing he gave me this morning was verse 22-25

Luke 12:22-25 (NASB95)
22 And He said to His disciples, "For this reason I say to you, do not worry about your life
(life translates to soul), as to what you will eat; nor for your body, as to what you will put on.
23 "For life
(soul) is more than food, and the body more than clothing.
24 "Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no storeroom nor barn, and yet God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds!
25 "And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span?

AMEN! For me this verse speaks says "let the chips fall where they fall toady and tomorrow. What I get done I get done. I am not in control anyway.

I also believe the verse 35 is for the staff of Michigan Quest.

35 "Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit.

Be Blessed today and walk it out!

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment